Friday, March 6, 2009

Book Suggestion...

We're almost at the half way point of the semester. I'm thinking of all of the books I have to read and they're all theological in nature or instructive - or both. After this semester I'd like to read a really good story. It can be fiction, a biography, or any good book you've read that you think I'd enjoy. I have a book that Shana got me for Christmas called Operation Solo. Its a true story about "the F.B.I.'s man inside the Kremlin." Its about the spy game during the Cold War. Pretty fascinating. It seems like its told in story form. However, if you have a better suggestion fire away. Even if you think I've read it suggest it anyway. I haven't read much fiction in my time. Leave your suggestion as a comment...Thanks!

2 comments:

Erin said...

The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Great story of a father and son traveling during the aftermath of nuclear fallout.

Melissa said...

From East to West - Ravi Zacharias (good biography, fascinating to read)
To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee (you've probably already read it, but still a fantastic book)
All Creatures of Our God and King series - James Herriot (hilarious country vet stories from the 20's)
Nickel and Dimed - Barbara Enrenreich (bad ideology, but interesting and easy read)
Bruchko - Bruce Olson (interesting mission biography)
Johnny Tremain - Esther Forbes (more of just a story...about the times preceding the Revolutionary War)
Predictably Irrational - Dan Ariely (interesting studies/stats on the way Americans process things - easy read)

I don't really know what kind of books you like. But I enjoyed all of these.

Hope you guys have a fun time out of town!

Post a Comment