Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Shana's Update: Chic-fil-a

Why is Chic-fil-a so good? I want it for every meal it seems. They just built one close to us here in KY. They are few and far between. There are only 2 of them that we know of in Louisville. Every time we go they are packed, good for them. Isn't that just crazy. When ever we drive home, we end up driving forever starving, hoping that a Chic-fil-a will soon show up on a highway sign, but it rarely does. Sometimes we have to settle for dollar menu elsewhere. Which leads me to another question, why doesn't Chic-fil-a have a dollar menu? My only thought is that their food is so amazing people will pay more than a dollar to eat it. I know I will. Although I just wish it was a dollar than I might be able to eat more. I don't think there is anything on their menu I don't like. Which is a huge deal. I think Josh could go there and get me anything and I would be ecstatic over it. What do you think the teller would do if I said surprise me the next time I placed my order.

People here don't seem to know about their breakfast. Almost like an entirely new gospel we must spread. Good for us, I just got a coupon for free breakfast. Looks like they are trying to spread their gospel of amazing breakfast. Well, I already know about it and will gladly take the coupons to eat free. Maybe that is where I need to get my next part-time gig at, holy cow that would be awesome. That just came to me. Man, it is soooo good. Josh has caught me getting lunch there (which is a no-no, we're on a tight budget), I blame the baby. It is all baby SJ's fault, can't help it. So far I think it is working ;).

2 comments:

kd said...

The reason I don't go to Chikfila more is two-fold:
1. Too expensive
2. Not as many healthy options

Plus, we get enough if you attend conferences at Southern. I just eat the chicken and leave the rest.

Shana Stringer said...

OOO Goodness there are are healthy options. On weight watchers even. The Chargrilled chicken sandwich is super low in calories and fat. Don't get french fries and sub the fruit cup. They also have chicken noodle soup. Their choices are way better in the health area then the rest of fast food. Seriously, one summer I ate chic-fil-a everyday, because I had inherited a box of free coupons, and I actually lost weight.

I will give it to you, I wish they had a dollar menu. But they are so good they know they don't need one and besides you can almost always find a free coupon somewhere.

Post a Comment