Monday, March 23, 2009

Shana's Update: Misc.

I had a really good weekend. Saturday is my normal day to meal plan, straighten the house up from student small group Friday night, and go to the grocery store. Well, this week I was going to the Meijer. For those of you who don't have one of those, it kind of reminds me of Wal-mart, but I think they have better sales on their grocery side. Well, looking at the flyer that week in the paper, I knew I was in for bargains galore. I made my list with all the items for free, pulled all my coupons to the side, and had my list made out of my treasures to find on my scavenger hunt. Well, I felt like I had just robbed the Meijer when I left. Probably my biggest loot to date. I bought over 200.00 worth of groceries for 61.00 bucks. I showed Josh my receipt, he laughed because half of the receipt was just my coupons ringing in. It was amazing. I was on cloud nine. Seriously, I think I get a high from it. So, below you can see my loot that I took home, ALL FOR FREE!, from my trip this weekend.



Some things in this picture are luxury items like the Betty Crocker microwave desserts. But when you can get 22 of these suckers for free, you do so. YES 22 of them. (we're giving a bunch of them away) My cart looked like the supermarket sweep. I even had a lady ask, do you like those things. Kind of funny. I don't know if it is hard to tell what I got for free, but some of my big items were: 10 boxes of frozen veggies, 2 loaves of bread, pantene conditioner, 3 pantene styling products, 2 deodorants, toothbrushes, gum, airwick refills, ooo and thanks to Callie's website Diet Dr. Pepper. (shout-out to Callie). So, to sum it up, it was an amazing grocery day. God is so good. I mentioned before that funds were tight, well God really does feed the 5,000 with 2 loaves of bread. He took my 60 bucks and bought 200.00 dollars worth of groceries.

Also, some great news, Dean and Judy gave us their coveted free chic-fil-a coupons while we were home. They were special coupons because they got them directly from Truett Cathy, and evidently Mr. Cathy has special coupons made for him to give out that say just that with his signature on it. So, it was pretty cool using those. People here in Kentucky don't see them often, and they were wowed. Well, we used those coupons on Friday. I am so glad I did because while getting dinner with our coupons on Friday, I saw a sign for repeat receipt day. As I read on I found out that what ever I purchased today at chic-fil-a, at the St. Matthews store only, I could come back with that receipt and get the entire receipt for free by the 31st. That is two trips to chic-fil-a at the price of one. I AM SOOO EXCITED. So, Josh and I are having chic-fil-a for dinner. You could say I am pumped.

In other news, I got my hair done this weekend. Probably for the last time. I have been working on getting my highlights taken out and fading my hair back to its natural color with some type of tinting, non-permanent process. I learned a ton at the hair salon, but that will have to be another post for sure. Turns out I have been taking care of my hair incorrectly for the past 28 years. Anyways, I really like my hair. I am pretty pleased. For all those of you in KY, it was Z-salon. Huge fan.

So as you can see this was definitely a hodge-podge update. OO and I can hardly contain myself because we find out what the baby's sex is tomorrow. HOLY COW!!

PEACE!!

2 comments:

Tessa said...

I am excited about what you are having!!! Looking forward to that post. Also wanted to say thank you for all of your help with grocery shopping. I have gotten so organized and my meal planning is so much easier. SO thank you again and in process of paying it forward.

Coupon Callie said...

Girl, you know I love this post... I looked at that picture and was like, DANG, Go Shana! You rock!! :)

Post a Comment