Saturday, June 27, 2009

Randomness

Its late and I'm not sleepy...buckle up, here goes...

I'm not sure what to think about the passing of Michael Jackson. Super talented. I remember when Thriller came out. I was hooked and have been a fan of his music for a long time (Favorite song - "The Way You Make Me Feel" What's yours? Like you'll really comment your favorite song, who am I kidding?). However, he was one strange dude. Overall I think his life was pretty tragic. Kind of like a Shakespearean tragedy with lots of plastic surgery. (I might have overstated when I compared Michael Jackson to Shakespeare just then).

One thing I have learned since his death - the world has a serious misconception of death. Really. Have you noticed how crazy people are going? These vigils and shrines set up for him all over the place are nuts. 99% of these people never met him and surely none of them knew him. Yet because we are obsessed with celebrity and, well, basically we are idol worshippers, when a guy of Michael Jackson's ilk dies, people lose their minds. Based on what? I get it that people need to mourn, but this is a little ridiculous. Refer to my statement above about them not knowing him. Can you imagine what would happen if something happened to Obama or a Jonas? Whoa.

I've told Shana countless times that if I were to die in a car crash to please NOT put up a cross on the side of the road where I hit the tree.

I like the pick of Jeff Teague that the Hawks made in the draft.

I'm getting destroyed in my fantasy baseball league. I'll blame it on school.

Speaking of school, Dr. Bruce Ware came in the Fresh Market yesterday. I had never met the guy but I have Theology of Worship with him in the fall and am pretty pumped. I saw him at a Q&A session with Dr. Schreiner at the convention. Anyway, he came up to the meat counter and I introduced myself and we had a pleasant conversation. Then I met his family. Also pleasant.

I see that my friend George has returned to blogging. Welcome back old friend. Welcome back. (I'll add you to my blogroll when I remember how)

I really hope the baby comes early. We're t-minus six weeks and I'm hoping for four weeks. I tell him every night that he should just go ahead and get it over with and come on out. We're ready, he's ready, let's do it. Right?

Shana's birthday is coming up (July 9) and I think I have a sweet present idea. This part of the post is basically to drive her crazy. It will work. Speaking of my wife, she gets super tired easily now. This phenomenon is understandable since she has a child inside her.

We watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. Pretty darn good. I heard Transformers 2 is terrible, so I'm not going to waste my money. So, since that movie is out I need a good summer movie to see. Any ideas? I'm worried about G.I. Joe. I saw Star Trek - excellent. I'd like to see Public Enemy with Johnny Depp.

People in KY still can't drive. My friend at work's wife got ran off the road the other day and had to spend the night in the hospital because some guy clipped the back of her car trying to exit the highway...typcial. (the previous sentence seems grammatically strange)

My great friend Chris Jordan came up and stayed with us during the convention. It was great to hang out and catch up. We don't talk often, but when we do its always like we just talked the day before and nothing has changed. Its good to have friends like that.

Well, I seem to have tired myself out (which was the goal), so I'm going to bed.

Fin.

P.S. - I'm going to try to make a video about who-knows-what before the baby comes, so stay tuned.

Fin again.

3 comments:

George said...

Black or White. Great song with a great anti-racist tone with a great video...all those people changing into different people and that home alone boy...

good to be back.

I LOVE BRUCE WARE! Easily my favorite professor here. His passion is unmatched! I think that he probably likes Black or White too. He isn't racist.

Jacob Cloer said...

Good post. I like that you used 'ilk'. How very astute of you. I like your MJ pick and George's, but I'm going with Smooth Criminal. See, and you said nobody would reply. Reverse psychology does work!

Marcy said...

We went to go see Transformers 2 this past weekend and really liked it. I don't think it was quite as good as the first one, but that is hard to top. However, there was a lot more bad language and a couple of inappropriate scenes that we could have done without. But, overall, I would recommend it. But, Josh, I know you are way pickier than I am about that kind of thing, probably.

Post a Comment