Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Shana's Update: Pregnancy & SBC

Pregnancy News:
I am soooooooooooooooooooooo tired. Did I mention I was tired. Even now as I sit here typing this I could seriously close my eyes and fall asleep sitting straight up. It is starting to take its toll on me being so busy, but somethings I just don't have much choice over the matter. It is only a season, and that is where I focus. This to shall pass. I hope soon. Today I find myself longing for my lunch break so that I can go hide away in my car and take a nap. I can't wait.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the SBC is in town right. Well, I have had the opportunity to go to the Pastor's Conference on Sunday night and listen to most of the rest online. I am in agreement with Josh when I say it makes me more proud to be Southern Baptist having experienced this a little more. Yesterday I went to the Minister's Wives Luncheon, it was massive. I didn't anticipate as many women being there as there were. Seriously, I think the count was something like 1200. That is crazy. It was neat though to hear wives of some of the most influential preachers of our convention.

Pastor Johnny Hunt's wife shared a funny story of something she did recently that seriously made a ton of us laugh out loud. She said that Johnny was preaching back in April like he normally does and started to share a story to illustrate one of his sermons that had to do with her. Well, she said this particular day it had just gotten to her because she says he never tells the stories the way she would tell the story and this time she wasn't going to take it. She walked onto the platform where her husband was preaching and got herself a microphone, all while Johnny's eyes were bugging out of his head. She proceeded to say that for now on when he tells stories for her she wanted to tell them because he doesn't tell them how I would tell them and proceeded to tell the story the way she would tell it. It was hilarious. Evidently they had gone out to eat with another minister and his wife and when they got back to their house Mrs. Hunt had fallen out of the car onto her back in the garage. Well, the only one to help her up was the other minister's wife. It was a hilarious story. She said ever since when Johnny starts a story he eyeballs her in the front row to make sure she stays seated. It was just tooo funny.

Another great thing that has happened this week during convention is Josh and I have gotten to visit with some of our long and old friends. This is really neat and kind of like a reunion. We had breakfast this morning with Jacob and Melissa Cleor. It was the first time we got to meet their son Micheal, he is 2 now. He is such a little Jacob, the most adorable kid seriously. I wish I would have used my brain and took a picture to post. Jacob and Melissa looked great and seemed like they had the parenting thing down. So weird to see Jacob as a dad in motion. He was so gentle, weird, but so good. Crazy where we have all come. Just seems like yesterday we were jinxing each other for cokes and hot dogs in Argentina. (One day I will have to share my testimony on here and maybe my stories from Argentina) It was so great though to get to fellowship with them and catch-up, it has been over 2 years since we have seen them last. We really enjoyed hanging out.

Chris Jordan has been staying with us since Sunday too. It was been great to spend time with him as well. I know Josh and him have been like glue all week and Josh has loved it. Most of you know when Josh and I were on staff at NFBC, so was Chris and Jennifer. Well, we've all since moved on and it is great when we get to visit with each other. Only sad we didn't have enough room for the entire family to have come. Seriously, the first couple of nights Chris was in we found ourselves just talking all day and all night about all kinds of subjects. It has been awesome. Real friends are those that you can talk hours on end with about everything in life.

Ran into Erin, a Titus 2 woman that I met here in Louisville. I met her because she placed an ad for a babysitter and in essence hired me. Well, we ran into each other at the Wives conference, which was amazing since there were over 1200 people there. It was awesome to get to sit and chat with her. She is the one that converted me to cloth diapers. She never really tried to talk me into it or anything, but her youngest is in cloth and I just was blown away with my experience in taking care of her with how far cloth diapers had come and the ease of them. That was really awesome to get to spend some time with her, we have never really gotten to do that before and I have always really wanted to.

Then after the Wives Luncheon I ran into another woman here that I look up to greatly, Maria Moore. She was my discipleship teacher in SWI. She is such an amazing Titus 2 woman too. I wish I had the coureage to ask her to mentor me. Maybe I will one of these days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment