Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Shana's Update: Good to be home.

So, it is really good to be home. It is kind of weird I was only gone for the weekend, but it felt like a longer time away from Josh. I really missed him while I was away. I could tell Josh really missed me too. It is always really sweet to be reunited. I like those feelings of excitement and wanting to hug all over each other. Ok enough of that.

Well, yesterday Josh didn't have to work. Which was really long awaited. He has been working his butt off literally with school and work. He has already done 2 J-terms and pretty much has been working full-time plus because they are short handed at the Fresh Market. So, he has been a real trooper these past few weeks. Last night Josh wanted to make dinner and it is always a treat when he does. Most of you know and have seen his videos, he is a pretty awesome cook. He enjoys it too; especially right now in grilling season. Last night he made some grilled pork chops, twice baked potatoes, and sauteed apples. It was really good. He blended in some broccoli in the twice baked potatoes too, surprisingly I liked it. This was a really good way for me to get that in my body because I don't like cooked broccoli at all. The apples were really good and so was the pork. He used herbs from our garden with everything, that obviously made them way better.

So, Josh and I had a really nice date night last night. We ate a really good dinner and watched John Adams series. It was really good. I am not sure how much left of it we have, hopefully we will finish it up soon. We have Slum-dog Millionaire waiting to be watched on Netflix. Which by the way we are canceling. Since we have cable now we are going to cancel that save the money, well not really now since they just upped our rent so guess that will go towards rent instead. BOOO!

Update on our garden. This earth box is amazing! Our Heirloom tomato plant is almost as tall as we are. It is awesome!! So worth the money so far. We see tons of tomatoes coming in on it too. Can't wait to pick them.

While Josh was busy in the kitchen, I was busy nesting. I was washing some of the last of the baby stuff and organizing it all and putting it all away. I put the mattress in the crib with the bumper. It is really cute. **Side note, super excited that the crib is level with the bed pretty much because our bed is on stilts. We have been reading Dr. Sears (shout-out to the Jordan's) and wanted to do the co-sleeping thing, but our bed is way to small so we'll be able to put the crib right up along side the bed and have real easy access back and forth for middle of the night feedings.** I washed the sheets and mattress pad, but the pad ended up being way to small. Total bummer I thought they were all the same size like twin, queen, or king but I guess not, so I have to exchange that. I have a bunch of stuff that I still need to exchange though. Today on lunch I am going to head to Target and try and make some more returns. I would really like to try and hit Babies R Us too and make some purchases with all our gift cards, but not sure if the Toys R Us nearby has the baby side in it, but I guess I will find out.

Can you tell we are getting really excited for baby stringer to get here. We really are super excited.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay! So excited to hear things are coming together! Yay! about the crib next to your bed. I think you will all get more sleep that way. ;-)

Wish we could've seen you when you were here. Talk soon.

Post a Comment