Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Shana's Update: Pregnancy 5 weeks to go!

I feel like I am just now getting to that point where I don't want to be pregnant anymore. I am glad I only have 5 weeks left like this. My hormones seem to be all over the place and I know it doesn't help that I picked up a cold this past week. I know my belly has gotten bigger because I have had to adjust the way I type on my computer at work, getting really uncomfortable. Also noticed my shows being a tad tight, I hope that goes back. That would totally stink to have to buy new shoes. Also, my belly is sooo low. Getting harder to fall asleep, might be because I am sick too though. I will say one thing, at night when I am trying to roll over to my other side (the only other option I have now to sleep) it wakes me all the way up and is not very easy to roll over. I rolled on my back once last night and I could hardly breath, that was no fun. So, I guess baby Stringer is getting bigger. Getting more annoying,uncomfortable, and sometimes painful now too when he moves around. I still have things lingering on my todo list that I really hope I can accomplish before the baby gets here too. Here they go:
1) Car Washed
2) Car seat in car, properly.
3) Dogs Washed
4) Mildew/Mold cleaned out of our windows.
5) Bathrooms cleaned
6) Kitchen/Bathroom floors mopped.

Those are all pretty big tasks for me, and in my current state are taking lots of energy to get done. I need to prioritize them and try and get them done little here and there. I figure when I start to go into labor, I will probably try and clean the house as much as possible depending on how the labor goes. I need to start planning what I will take to the hospital too. Can you tell I am starting to feel the crunch of it getting close and me running out of time and energy to do it.

This morning, Josh and I interviewed a Pediatrician. We got lost, that wasn't fun. Question, a Pediatrician is a children doctor right. So the offices are way cool with toys and games, cool colors and themes painted in each room. Umm I think I like that stuff too. Why don't they put cool games, themes, and stuff like that in adult doctors offices. No all we get are magazines, if we are lucky. I felt so unprepared to interview this guy, but o well gotta get it done or they won't let me have my baby back in the hospital. I figured if I don't like him later on I can always move our records. He seemed really nice though and patient. I really wanted a doctor who would take the time to go over benefits, risks, and just take the time to give me as much information as I want regarding whatever. He had that demeanor. I needed him to sign my birth plan, but unfortunately my pregnant brain has misplaced that important piece of paper. Good thing I have another midwife appointment tomorrow so I can get another one and fill it out so he can sign it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enough of the pregnancy news now. We took Josh's car to the shop this morning. His air conditioning has been on the fritz for some time now. It is getting pretty hard for him to bare, so we decided to finally have it looked at. I was raised in a mechanic's home, so I am always on guard whenever we drop a car off at an auto shop. I have learned over the years especially as a woman that a lot of times they aren't always honest with you and are just trying to get as much money out of you as possible. Anytime I have been away from home and had to get a car fixed, it seems my main goal was to get as least ripped off as possible. I remembered when we were in Atlanta we found an awesome auto shop, Christian Brothers in Suwanee. I highly recommend that place. They were so honest and trustworthy, to bad it was a mom/pap shop and there are none of those here. We took it this time to the Midas, at my dad's recommendation. AC work is pretty common work so it doesn't need to go to the high priced dealership. There is always a pattern, I take the car in and then listen to the mechanic and then call my dad. I can't tell you how many times that throws these repair guys off their wagon because they have told me something that makes no sense at all and my dad catches it and says they are feeding you a line. So I have reason to be skeptical. There have been countless time my dad has gotten on the phone with them and usually pretty quickly they realize they don't want to fool with him. It is nice to have those family resources. My dad is the man when it comes to cars and Josh's dad is the man when it comes to houses. That is what they do. We find ourselves calling on them both for their expertise all the time. Seems though like we have way more house questions usually then car questions, but that is fine with me the car questions are always way more expensive.

P.S. I guess you can say from doctors to mechanics I am far from gullible.

1 comments:

Marcy said...

I am really glad that your dad is able to keep you from getting ripped off. That is really important. I am sorry you are getting to be so uncomfortable. You do have quite a list! I think you definitely need to prioritize. I would save washing the car for last and washing the dogs for just before that. Car seat should be top priority, but you have a few weeks, so I would focus on the mildew in the windows because that is a health issue.

Well, that's my 2-cents worth. I'm not sure if you wanted it.

I can't wait to meet Baby Stringer in August!

Post a Comment