Thursday, June 18, 2009

Shana's Update: Misc

BABY NEWS:
Went to the doctor today, I am now going every 2 weeks. That is kind of exciting. I know that means I am getting close. Baby Stringer is still in the right position, head way down low. I felt him drop a little even this past week. Super excited, and anticipating the end. Interviewing a pediatrician this month, think we might go to Indiana for that too. Don't ask me why just kind of looks that way, but we'll see after we interview him. Got our infant car seat, super excited about it. Also just discovered it was ranked one of the top 3 on consumer reports. I am super glad about that. Makes me feel good as a parent already. Jenny told me once that the fire house will check your installation of it in your car and make sure you have it in correctly. Again, super excited about that so we'll be handing that in July sometime. How crazy will it be to be driving around with the car seat in the car. How real is that! I also put together our pack n play for fun, and glad I did because Zoe freaked out about it. Glad there wasn't a baby in it while she was getting used to it freaking out. So, it is out hanging out next to Zoe's kennel so the pups can get used to it being around. OO again Consumer Reports ranked my pack n play number 1, more feel good points. It wasn't the cheapest, but it was the best. Got some more hand-me-downs from a girl in my small group from church. I went through them all last night, still doesn't get old. What a huge blessing that has been. This is the second load she has brought me and really has provided tremendously for our baby Stringer. I have a couple more loads of laundry to do now in order to get them put away, for now this laundry is fun to do.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had a huge storm here this afternoon. Power went out in places and some flooding here and there. It was a bit of an adventure getting to the doctors office in the mist of it all.

Excited about this weekend and coming week. Chris Jordan is coming up for the SBC Conference and staying with us. Josh is super excited to get in some quality friend time. I have no doubt they will have a really good time together. Just found out too that Jacob Cleor is going to be coming to the conference this week with Melissa and their baby (well I guess he isn't so much baby anymore). We are super hopeful to meet up with them too. This really comes at a good time for Josh, I know he is excited to be able to reconnect with some really good friends.

Random I know, but Chris will be breaking in our new guest bed. Because we are making room to add another person and all that comes with baby world to our 1,000 square feet, we had to take out the futon, which was our guest bed. Well, Josh and I have been on the look out for one of those real quality Aero beds. We have slept on one in the past and really liked it and thought that would be something good for us to purchase for company even after seminary because who knows if we'll always have the funds or room for a guest bedroom. We wanted one that was higher of the ground and at least a queen size. Well, we waited for a couple months keeping eyes and ears open to ads and sales. Sure enough, Costco had a sale this week. I was so excited. These bed cost a lot of money upwards of 200.00 dollars. Costco ran a coupon in their monthly ad for 30.00 off. At first I was skeptical thinking well how much is it to start off with. You wouldn't believe it but it was 115.00 before the coupon. This alone is an amazing deal on a queen size Aero bed that is 19 inches off the ground. Then you add the 30.00 coupon, that is 85.00 bucks! That is a fantastic deal. Thinking about it later I should have purchased more than one and tried to capitalize on them by selling them on craigslist or eBay for more. O well, live and learn.

A word of praise on my husband, Josh. He has been working super duper hard the past 6 months. We figured it out the other day that from January till June he has taken 26 course hours. That is over a years worth of normal course work. All still while working pretty much full-time. My husband is extremely tired, but I am extremely proud of him for his hard work. Even with all that load he has managed to get pretty good grades. We are focusing at the light at the end of the tunnel right now because he is in desperate need of a rest. We are planning a vacation after baby sometime in the fall, and boy will he deserve it. It looks like for now the next time we will be in the ATL area will be Christmas. So, stay tuned because I am sure we'll make the rounds with our "show-n-tell." I love my husband so much and am oozing pride for him right now. He started last semester knowing it would be a challenge, as well as this summer. He hasn't backed down and has kept persevering all while staying pretty cool. The Lord has really grown my husband to be more like himself in this past year, it has been so encouraging to my walk with the Lord. Seeing all that he has faced this past year and how he has handled it. It has strengthen me as a woman and my role as his wife in the art of submission. We know more then ever that we are in God's hands and in his will for our lives right now. We are super excited to add on to our family too and know that God has brought us so far to get us to this point of readiness. I can't wait to see Josh in action because I know he is going to be a great dad because he's already a fabulous husband!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awwww....what a sweet post! It gave me goosebumps! Way to go, Josh, on busting out good grades at seminary!

Chris headed out this AM! He will see you in a couple of days! He's excited about the evangelism part starting today. Hope you guys have a great time catchng up. Wish I could've come, too!!! :-)

The Shadburn Family said...

Awe- the car seat. I rode with an empty seat for a month before Andrew was born. You can't be too prepared!!

Love you guys!
Mag

Post a Comment