Sunday, June 21, 2009

SBC (Part One)

Today was the first day of the Southern Baptist Convention. I'm taking the SBC as a class. We had a one day-all day Saturday class. Very informative.

At Southern there is a generation gap of people who either love the SBC or are pretty much indifferent. I'm in the middle. I really see the value of the convention. I love the history of the thing too. Its rather remarkable, but I won't go into it here. Right now the SBC is supposedly in decline. It probably is, but I don't know the statistics. Tonight was the beginning of the pastor's conference. J.D. Greear, Mac Brunson, and Chuck Colson. All three of the addressed the issue in different ways but all were great. Each guy had a different style and I liked them all. They spoke honestly, biblically, and passionately. It was really encouraging. Tomorrow starts bright and early and goes all day - more of the pastor's conference. Should be good.

That's all for now. I'll write more tomorrow when I'm not aas tired.

P.S. I really like good preachin'

1 comments:

Andy Darnell said...

Hi Josh. I hope you had a great father's day yesterday, which begs the question... why do you think they would start the convention on father's day? Hello? Did someone forget to look at a calendar.

My 2 cents. Not very family friendly IMO.

Enjoy it. See you soon.

Post a Comment