Friday, June 12, 2009

Shana's Update: Changing the subject.

Ok, so I am changing the subject on my blog because it has gotten a little to controversial and serious for me to handle lately. Which is my own fault for posting my thoughts. I guess I should be more careful in the future. I am still learning this whole mommy-parenting controversy thing. I guess I really never thought I would have gotten the response I did with my most recent post because I really didn't even post much of our opinions or our decisions. O well, moving on.

So, I am really shocked by the response to the poll on my nose ring. I think Josh is a little sad about it. He really has been wanting me to get one. In all seriousness, I have wanted a nose ring for a really long time. So, Jennifer no worries it isn't the pregnancy hormones. :) Now I am really torn now because there are a lot of no answers. I really am stunned. I am glad though that there were a lot of votes. I guess my next thought is how much scaring there could be. I know if I am going to get a nose ring I kind of have a limited window to do it in. Anybody know a 60 year old woman with a nose ring, yeah didn't think so. Well, not at least in this country. I am sure the Kukkamalla girls have older women in their family with nose rings, but it is their custom. I wish it was our custom.

3 comments:

Chelsea P said...

I never did vote on the nose ring- I forgot. But if I had it would have been yes. My opinion is that it wouldn't reflect poorly (I think they can be tasteful and cute!) and if you were interested, now is the time! If you get mixed responses or change your mind or whatever, you can just take it out. But you are young and it's not inappropriate. You're right- the older you get the less appropriate it becomes. I would think do it now instead of always wishing you had. It isn't a permanent choice like a tattoo.
I know yes's are still outnumbered, but if you like them and Josh likes them... you know, just saying!

Jennifer said...

Ha ha! Sounds like you already had your mind made up when you asked! Ultimately, you should do what you and Josh want. ;-)

Praying for you with all the controversy over baby stuff. Everyone has an opinion....and thinks theirs is right!

Much love to you guys!!

Josh, Amy and Quinn said...

Girl...Your family is your decision. This is what we learned early on. We are still reminded how we are not doing what J's family thinks we should be doing in raising Quinn. From religion to what he eats to the fact that they think we are sheltering him. HIS IS OURS and everyone we talk to thinks he is wonderful...well behaved, healthy and he is happy. This child is yours...this blog is yours...your control and what you decide for both is done with LOVE...this I have no doubts about. God will guide your hearts!

We love you and support you!

A

Post a Comment