Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Food Network Thoughts

Since we have gotten cable my T.V. (when it is on) stays on ESPN, Food Network, and the Discovery Channel (especially when Cash Cab is on). I had quite a long Food Network hiatus so I missed many of the new personalities that have been installed and I must say that I like most of them. Guy Fieri is the man. Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives is one of my favorite shows and Guy's Big Bite is some great man-food. Another show that is growing on me is "Down Home with the Neeley's." I didn't like the show the first few times I watched it, but then I actually started paying attention to the recipes and man, the Neeley's can cook! They are really creative with the southern cuisine. Basically its comfort food all the time. And, they're very family friendly and funny. Alton Brown, Bobby Flay, and Tyler "boom" Florence are still the best, but these new guys are climbing the charts. Those who are falling off the charts (as if I really have charts) - Rachel Ray, Paula Deen, and Michael Chiarello.

One thing I really miss is time to cook. I don't have the time or the budget to be creative in the kitchen. Oh well, everything has a season. A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, A time for steak and a time for peanut butter and jelly. I'm pretty sure most of that is in Ecclesiastes. Until a new season comes I'll enjoy the new stuff of the Food Network.

1 comments:

kd said...

Well, I do love Triple D. I still love Michael Chiarello too, but he's not on that often. I love Chopped and Iron Chef America. Bobby Flay, Tyler Florence, Giada are my faves. Ina can cook some food too! I heard a few days ago that most of it is just entertainment and not cooking. While that may be true - food can be entertaining!

Post a Comment