Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Movie Night (the last?)

There's a movie theater here in town that shows movies on Tuesdays for $5 all day - new movies. A few weeks ago we saw Harry Potter (Shana's pick). I thought it was just ok. Kinda boring actually. Today we saw Transformers 2 (my pick). Maybe not my best choice but we pick our movies on how good they'll be in the theater versus on our T.V. (the "wait and Netflix it" technique). I went into Transformers 2 with the lowest of expectations. I almost didn't even go see it (which is why it took us so long), but I figured it was about the only thing out that I want to see - except The Hurt Locker which looks great. So since my expectations were very low the movie was actually pretty good. Although the Sam's parents were utterly annoying and the twin robots were unbelievably stereotyped and pretty racist. Other than that and Megan "too much collagen in my lips" Fox, the movie was pretty good. It was a good fun summer movie. The story was better than the first and it kept moving. There was lots of dizzying action which is very typical of Michael "story? what story? just blow stuff up" Bay. But, low expectations coupled with the fact that Optimus Prime is the man... er, robot?, I enjoyed it. I think Shana did too. Now if that baby will just come out! If we have time I want to see G.I. Joe (which is getting great reviews), Hurt Locker and Sherlock Holmes when it comes out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment