Monday, August 10, 2009

Shana's Update

We will seriously let everybody know when the action starts. Obviously nothing is happening right now. Nothing we can really do about it, but wait. Everyone keeps asking me how I am feeling; I feel fine. Am I supposed to be feeling a certain way that is contrary? Still super frustrating to be asked by every person I come into contact with "no baby yet" - OBVIOUSLY NOT - still look like I am smuggling a basketball out of a sports store. I seriously don't mean to be rude or mean, but please put yourself in my shoes for a second. Don't you think I really want to have had this baby by now, so it doesn't make me feel good at all to be asked everyday when it is extremely obvious.

To be honest I am slightly stressed about the fact that my midwife's last day is this coming Sunday. Some of you might be saying, so what I didn't know who I would be delivering with when I had my babies. Well, that is why I choose the doctor's office I did. Whoever I chose to see on a regular basis was the person who would be delivering our baby. Now that she is moving across the country and leaving I am looking at the possibility of 1) being induced or 2) delivering with a doctor I have no clue about. As you might can tell, I am a little emotional, touchy, crazy, or whatever adjective about the subject.

P.S. I seriously promise to keep people updated when the action starts and results from future doctor's appointments. Please believe me, I posted about my mucus plug falling out for goodness sake.

P.S.S. Even though it might sound different in this email, comments are welcome on what you think in regards to this.

4 comments:

Josh, Amy and Quinn said...

Hang in there!!! We love you!!

- A

Meggan said...

I heard a rumor (although I have NO experience with this personally) that induced labors last longer and because they're forced, the pain is difficult to bear. I think the pain would be difficult no matter how you came into labor. But I would trade a good new doctor or midwife for a short, natural labor ANY DAY!!!!

Josh Jr. will come out at the time appointed by our sovereign God. Sooner would be better than later, but maybe He's given you two a few more days to have some couple's time and you more rest. :-)

Maria said...

You are going to do great even if you do have a new doctor. They usually have a way that just comforts you and calms your nerves. I'm praying for y'all!

DAWN said...

IT'S ALMOST OVER NOW HONEY. YOU'VE COME THIS FAR WITH FLYING COLORS. DROP ME A LINE AT carney.dawn ON EITHER GMAIL OR YAHOO IF YOU CAN.
LOVE YA

Post a Comment