Thursday, August 13, 2009

Out to eat...

We heard that eggplant parmesan does wonders to send a woman into labor, so tonight we gave it a try. Not knowing where to go around town I looked online for places that had this dish. Other than the chain restaurants there wasn't much. So I called this place called "Volare." The guy spoke with a thick Italian accent and said that they normally didn't have the dish but he would speak with the chef. He said they would make it for us so that's where we went. We couldn't have picked a better place. The service was fantastic and the food...whoa. So great. It was pretty pricey but this is probably our last "date" for a while. And in this case we really got what we paid for.

We both got salads. I don't remember the name but it had thinly sliced apples, sliced almonds, bits of fried goat cheese (our fav), roasted red peppers, and this killer vinaigrette on a bed of bibb lettuce.

Shana got the Eggplant Parmesan on a bed of pasta. I got Vitello Valdostana. A 12 oz. Veal Rib Chop stuffed withe proscuitto, spinach, and fontina cheese with sage butter. Now I cut and sell veal all day long but I've never had it. It was amazing. Probably the most tender piece of meat I've ever eaten. It was on a bed of polenta and broccolini. So good.

For dessert we got a dark chocolate flourless torte with a raspberry sauce. Shana got decaf coffee too. All in all the bill was more than we should have paid (which is VERY rare for us), but everything was great. It was a nice leisurely meal with a great waiter and atmosphere. If we could we'd definitely go back and we recommend it to anyone up in this area.

Now, if that eggplant parm would just get our kid out. He's missed dinner four nights in a row!


3 comments:

Meggan said...

Ice water, intercourse, and shopping (60 min or more walking around) threw me into labor. I also heard about foot massages too.

The Shadburn Family said...

Well that sounds like a nice last-date-for-a-while...

I couldn't stomach the eggplant parm, but I tried herbs. The hippie at Nutrition Depot gave some ideas. I tried reflexology, too. I'm convinced that things like (sex, herbs, massage, food, caster oil)can help get ready, but won't make it ready.

TheTowners said...

What a fun date night!!! Glad you guys got to go out!!!! Really nice looking place too!!!

Post a Comment