Friday, August 14, 2009

Shana's Update: On a roller coaster!

I know I am seriously on an emotional roller coaster. I can't handle myself even. Today so far has been a good day. Josh is home, he drove me to work so that I wouldn't have to walk up hill 3 blocks to get into my office. The morning soreness makes it quite strenuous to get in here. That was really sweet of him.



So back to my emotional roller coaster. Seriously, just by looking at my blog postings I can see my emotional roller coaster going up and down every other day. How annoying, my poor husband. I must say though he did a really good job of getting my spirits lifted yesterday. When I came home from work I scheduled an appointment to go and get a pedicure at my favorite salon. Stringer family got me a day at the spa gift certificate for my birthday so I decided to get my pedicure early. Then last night Josh took me out to dinner at a really great restaurant, see his earlier post. I got Eggplant Parmesan, that is another wives-tale. It was really nice and relaxing, we had a great time talking about all kinds of random stuff. It really was a date night, no baby talk, money or house talk. It was great. Then we came home and snuggled on the couch.

I am thinking about using reverse physiology now on this baby. I am just going to totally ignore the fact that I am overdue and pregnant (yeah right) and then all of a sudden I will go into labor right? That is what they say about everything else. When you aren't waiting or looking it shows up. Here is a story from my childhood to give you an idea of what I mean.

When I was a little girl I would go to grandma's house pretty often. I would sleepover and we would travel all around Sarasota on the bus. My grandma (as long as I have memories) has never driven a car, not sure why, but just hasn't. So, we traveled everywhere by public transit. I remember her always saying while waiting for the bus. "If I light a cigarette the bus will come." I know random right, but I think you get where I am going. Well at least hopefully. So, many times we would be waiting and she would light her cigarette and sure enough the bus would be coming around the corner for us, so she would have to put it out.

Well I am looking forward to what adventure today holds. Washing and drying my prefolds 5 more times, BOOO! Just got informed by Liz they won't work unless I prep them. Other then that who knows.

4 comments:

The Millages said...

Shana,

Hang in there! You're doing great. I know it is miserable. I remember my sister and I walked 4 miles on Thanksgiving hoping to get labor started with Gracie. All I ended up with was swollen hands and feet and horrible cramping that kept me up all night. She came a few days later. Every hour, every night can feel like an eternity. It is completely normal to feel like you are on an emotional rollercoaster. You and Josh will get through this though and you'll look back and begin to tell yourself it wasn't so bad. I'm convinced there is something God created in a woman's memory that causes her to have amnesia about pregnancy. It's the only way we would willingly do it all over again! It really is all worth it though when you hold your baby for the first time and see how immediately his crying ceases the moment he is placed in your arms. Everything else just melts away.

Praying for you!

Rachel said...

I finally had the same idea as you when I was pregnant with William. I just came to the conclusion (at about 5 days overdue) that my baby was never coming and I was going to be pregnant for a LONG time. It worked. :) Hope it works for you, too!

Danielle said...

Prayed for you Josh and baby this morning! Love you friend! Hang in there...toes are cute, by the way :)

Josh, Amy and Quinn said...

Bless your heart!!! You have been such a good baby grower that he does't want to leave the warm and comfort of that belly...or maybe he is just shy ;) Wish I had some advice but I was induced.

Love,

A

Post a Comment