Monday, August 10, 2009

New Album

I'm not much for compilation albums made up of non-believers doing Christian songs just to have their name out there as an artist with Christian ties - (ie. Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, etc.) However, I saw this on iTunes. Its called "Oh Happy Day." I'm not crazy about most of it, but I love good blues music. Really love it, especially if its got some gospel threaded throughout (although it seems like most people have that token black gospel choir nowadays). I've long been a Johnny Lang fan and I'm liking this Joss Stone chick (she did a song with Carlos Santana a while back that is kickin'.) So there are two songs off of this album that are worth a look. Joss Stone - "This Little Light of Mine" and Johnny Lang - "I Believe." Other artists on this album that you've heard of are Bon Jovi, 3 Doors Down, Al Green, Queen Latifah, and (white chocolate) Michael McDonald.

*My editorial note about gospel music*** There's a huge difference between gospel music that actually promotes the redemptive work of Christ in its message and the type of gospel music that I'm talking about in this post. Most "gospel" music is the type of music that is talked about in the first video. Its more about the history and the style of music rather than the words that direct you to the Word and THE Gospel. I like both types of gospel music***

Here are a couple of tracks via YouTube:


1 comments:

The Shadburn Family said...

haha- white chocolate Michael McDonald.... you could almost say that for Joss Stone, too

Post a Comment