Saturday, July 18, 2009

Prime Time Dinner

Last week the meat department at the Fresh Market where I work was 3rd in the company for ribeye sales. I did a cutting demonstration last Saturday and cut 359 lbs. of meat in 4 hours on the floor - special cuts right in front of the customers. I got a nice gift card from the company. Also, because we did such a good job we became the test market for the new Prime Grade Ribeyes that we'll carry next month. We got one case of ribeyes in today and sold out in 5 hours. I managed to get one:

The thing about prime meat is the marbling. Its not the big chunky kind of marble but its the small strands of fat equally distributed in the meat...as you can see in the picture. Usually prime beef only goes to restaurants. Because of the economy, restaurants aren't buying as much beef so more is available for stores like ours to buy. So I got a prime ribeye for dinner. We've carried prime filet mignon in the past few months for holidays, but ribeye is my steak of choice (with some grilled zucchini from our garden).

1 comments:

The Shadburn Family said...

Thank you, Alton Brown. J/K- I love to know they "why's" of cooking.

Post a Comment