Monday, July 13, 2009

Shana's Update: Birthday update & Weekend.

My birthday dinner/day was on Friday. It was a really good day. Josh made me a really awesome dinner, as you can see. I know most people go out for such occasions, but I am going to throw this out there how much do you think that meal cost that Josh made. Now if you need a refresher read his post to see all that we had for my birthday dinner. I will post later how much that dinner cost and elaborate on our food choices.

My present this year was a combination present from my Stringer Family (Josh, Dean/Judy, and Andy/Caitlin). They got me a gift certificate for a day at the spa. I am super excited about it. It is at my favorite place here in Louisville too, Z-Salon. I am going to save it for after the baby comes and go veg for a day. Totally looking forward to that.

So I had a really good weekend. I worked at the Sunglass Hut on Saturday (people are still buying crazy expensive sunglasses like mad in this economy). I am not kidding, I sell a lot of expensive sunglasses.

Sunday was the best Sunday in a while. Josh was home all day (he has had to work Sunday since the winter semester ended). After church we headed to the grocery store to pick up some last minute things we needed for the week, not to mention a newspaper because my new home delivery service obviously wasn't working (emailed about that this morning). Well, on the way to the Kroger we passed the Pizza Hut, I have been craving the Pizza Hut buffet. The only problem is I am not hungry enough to feel good about going to get my money worth ever. Well, Sunday after church I was really hungry, blood sugar dropping like crazy. So, I said lets go to Pizza Hut for lunch. Well after attempting 2 different Pizza Huts that didn't have buffets, I found out that the ones that do have buffets don't do them on the weekend. I was totally bummed at this point, and hungry beyond crazy. So, we ended up at KFC. It was good still. I ate a ton of cole slaw, it was really good. After we ate lunch we went home and I took a power nap while Josh vegged a bit. Then Josh wanted to work on our to-do list before baby came. I was all for it. So, he cleaned all the mold/mildew out of the windows and doors and most of the bathrooms. I cleaned the kitchen and all the floors, as well as helped a little in the bathrooms. It was a really productive day. We had some nice together time and we also went outside for a while and played with the pups. It was a really great family day of rest. OO not to mention the awesome dinner we made together to top it all off. We had a really good time using all the produce from our stairway garden. It really was awesome, and not to mention super good for you. I was Josh's sous chef for this meal mainly, but I think we were a good team. Josh is the expert with executing the flavor combination, but I was there to execute the prep. We had a lot of fun.

P.S. I think we might try and find a Pizza Hut buffet this week somewhere, can't wait. I hope I am hungry.

1 comments:

natalie said...

how in the world are you cleaning floors?!? mine need it, but i can't seem to get myself down there... :)

Post a Comment