Monday, July 20, 2009

Shana's Update: #1 Pregnancy frustration

Ok right now my #1 pregnancy frustration is that I can't lift my legs up. This might sound really crazy to some. I don't even know if this is normal so please if you have been pregnant and experienced this please reassure me of my sanity. I can't lift my legs up because my stomach is so big and so low. I try to prop my feet up so that I don't get crazy veins and swollen feet, well now that is getting impossible. Trying to put any clothes on my lower extremities is almost impossible. I feel like I need my mommy again to pull up my training pants. Getting in and out of the car requires lifting my legs as well which I almost have to get a swinging start now. Not to mention sitting I need to spread my legs so that my belly can hang between them. That is something a man does. I feel ridiculous. I have said it many time, but I am done - stick a fork in me.

Now I don't say this complaining about the gift of life God has given us this far. I know someone having trouble having kids might read this and say they would give anything not to be able to lift their legs, but in this pregnancy process it feels like God prepares you emotionally to be ready to get it out at whatever cost (which is told to be painful). Does that make sense?

3 comments:

Chelsea P said...

I was so there. And I laughed when I saw the 'spreading your legs so your belly can hang between' part because I so remember that. And I had the same feeling about it- it didn't feel feminine at all. Your definitely at the end. At least these aren't first trimester symptoms that you have to live with long term!

The Shadburn Family said...

I guess that means the baby is low. That's a good thing. I think I get what you mean- you want to be good and done being pregnant to psych yourself up for getting through labor.

Meggan said...

I had trouble lifting my legs while pregnant with Lily (baby 2) also. It's okay; you're not alone. I think it was because my belly was so big and I had gained so much more weight than the first pregnancy (besides being less physically fit) the muscles were weak from the extra stretching. It went away about 2 weeks postpartum. I just practiced lifting my legs to the height of a stair. Don't push yourself now and be humble enough to ask for help. People understand.

Post a Comment