Thursday, July 9, 2009

Shana's Update: Wise-tales

Went to the midwife/doctor again today. She gave us the official news that her last day at this practice would be August 19th. Not to worried since we are due the 9th. I am pretty sure she'll be around for our baby; most likely with one foot out the door, but she'll be here. Although that makes me sad if we were to have baby number 2 here.

As you can tell probably with my previous postings we are ready for baby Stringer to be here already. So, I am hoping this will be a fun post. Does anybody know any wise-tales or things you can do at home to get your body rolling into labor? Don't be afraid, please let us know. I think we are going to give them all a whirl. I was walking pretty hard this week and felt a few contractions while doing so, Jesse (my midwife) assured me that would be real helpful to get the ball going. So, going to really try and get a good hard walk in everyday till the baby comes then.

So, calling all wise-tales. Please post things you have heard or read. If you are afraid to attach your name to it no worries do it anonymously, either way we still get the information going. We'll let you know if they work.

5 comments:

Meggan said...

I heard that foot massages might induce labor. With Moriah intercourse induced the breaking of my water and labor. With Lily I took a "shopping spree" through Super Walmart, just running errands, but I over did it and went into labor that same night after drinking ice water. Heavy lifting might induce but it's not recommended. Your midwife can probably give you a lot of natural suggestions, the same given for overdue babies.

Chelsea P said...

:o)
I agree... lots of walking to help the baby settle lower in the pelvis (helps you dilate). I also ate a lot of spicy food (I'm not a spicy food kind of person, though!). Drew's favorite 'make the baby come' method was... well, you know. I've heard jumping up and down helps, but never tried it. And with Tristan, I drank castor oil. :oP But I was desperate. I walked around walmart for hours, ate excessive amounts of spicy buffalo chicken, and then drank some castor oil mixed with orange juice. Five hours later my water broke and contractions were regular and fast. Five more hours and we had a baby! Honestly, though, did this stuff help? Who knows, it was probably just God's timing. But it made us feel better to be trying to help the process along! T was 3 days over, J was right on his date, and S was 3 days early.

mandysandifer said...

Shana, found your blog not to long ago off Jusin and Rossie's blog. Congrats on your baby! It is so neat that your baby and Zach and Lauren's baby will be so close! Anyway, have you heard of pressure points to bring on contractions? We did this (especially the ones on the shins) and it really works!

The Wades said...

I read somewhere that eating pineapple works, I was really skeptical of that. HOWEVER, the night my water broke I did have hawaiian pizza for dinner....so I don't know, maybe it works!

Jennifer said...

wow! 35 weeks already!

Walking is good, but be careful not to wear yourself out....you'll need the energy for labor! I've heard that eating eggplant parmesean works! When I was overdue for the 2nd time, our midwife said to go home and "get with my husband", then walk briskly on the treadmill for 15 minutes, then sit down and rest. It worked....by that night! Are you taking any of those herbs I told you about? Those help, too. :0)

Love ya,
Jen

Post a Comment