Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Soundtrack for Birth: Part 1

The way I see it is that there are 3 main parts to our birthing plan.
1. The trip to the hospital
2. The labor at the hospital
3. The actual delivery of the baby

Each part needs a song to go with it. I was going to do a video and just play the song. Instead, I'll post the YouTube video with the song on it. I'll give a few options and see what you think.
Today I'll post my top options for the trip to the hospital. I'm going for good music over accurate lyrics, but if the lyrics somehow apply then alrighty. The funnier the better.

#1 - "Never Going Back To Ok" by The Afters

#2 - "Justice" by Genesis (song from the Cadillac commercial)

#3 - "Yakety Sax" by Boots Randolph

#4 - "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Oh man! You definitely have to go with "Eye of the Tiger"!!! I love that song and it is perfectly appropriate for psyching you up to go have a baby, I think. It just cracks me up that you're putting so much thought into the "labor soundtrack!"

Meggan said...

I vote for "Eye of the Tiger" too. Jeramy and I are Rocky fans. The beginning of labor pains could definitely use some mental preparation and I think this song may help get Shana in the mood to persevere through the intensity of labor. "Labor soundtrack" . . . not a bad idea!

Marcy said...

PS, you probably need more than one song for the "labor" part. I mean, listening to the same song over and over might get kind of irritating. Hmmm...would it be better to have soothing songs, song you can sing along to, or crazy stuff that will make you laugh? You better be prepared for all of the above, because you won't know until you get there!

Jennifer said...

classical music helps me the most

Post a Comment