Friday, July 10, 2009

Shana's Update: Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a pretty normal day. Josh had to work, which we really have no control over, so tonight we are celebrating. He is making me a special dinner and I think I will get a present too, I will keep you posted.

All in all it was a good day. Work was long, but that is normal. I came home and took the dogs for a good walk (starting early on the labor inducing). While walking the pups I ran into Ben and Cynthia. Ben and Cynthia were walking their dog too. They have been on vacation so we walked our pups together and caught up a little. That was good times. Then I went home and stared into the refrigerator because I was not hungry but knew I needed to eat something. I am transitioning into the mood where I am in no mood to cook anything anymore, too tired. I am not hungry enough to want to make anything either. I feel like I am never hungry. Kind of weird, guess my stomach is being squished to the side. I decided on an egg sandwich. Figured it was good protein and fats. I did a little housework, mostly laundry, and put the infant head rest into the car seat. So, my birthday evening was just a little bit of this and that.

I was glad when Josh came home. He was really sweet, he brought me home some flowers. Said he didn't want my actual birthday to pass without anything special. That was sweet. He is really good at picking out flowers too. They were a bunch of multicolored roses. I will have to post a picture of those later. I got a couple cards in the mail from family, and a card from my girlfriends from back home (atl). It was really sweet of them to think of me and send me a present. I was totally surprised. Work gave me some money and my boss gave me a gift certificate to the subway, that was fun too. I got lots of phone calls today as well. Seems like every time I got off the phone I had 2 or 3 missed calls and voice mails. I managed to call everybody back at least and leave voice mails I think. I really felt loved even though it was a lot like a normal day. Thanks for all the phone calls it really made my day feel special amongst all the mundane. Then when Josh and I went to bed, he was gracious not to put the TV on ESPN and I got lots of rubbing on my legs. It felt good. So I fell fast asleep, which is pretty normal for me anyways.

Well, that was my great birthday yesterday. Now I am 29. I am really feeling like an adult now. This year is my 10 year high school reunion. I wish I could go, but o well baby and school are more important right now. Next year I turn the 30, wonder what that will be like. This year was a really good year. I feel like the Lord has been really gracious to me in showing me his love and that I am his child in abundant ways. He continues to mold me into the image of his son day in and day out. Who could ask for more. Well, I will enjoy my last year in my twenties and look forward to what God will do in my life next year.

P.S. Does anybody know the rule as to when I have to cut my long hair off? I figured I would keep it long as long as I could because I figured I would be out of date soon with long hair. I know it isn't cool to be old with long hair, so when is that exactly?

2 comments:

natalie said...

what?! you should have said something! i had no idea. well, i'll have to make up for it today when i see you. happy belated birthday!

The Shadburn Family said...

Keep that long thick hair as long as you want!! I don't think there's a rule for it...

Post a Comment