Saturday, July 18, 2009

Shana's Update: Preparing for Hospital



Josh and I have been taking a very long birthing course called the Bradley Method. In our lessons there is a list of all the things we might need to bring to the hospital. Well, the past two days Josh has been off from work and he has been compiling lists on his big white board of what we need to take to the hospital. It is so darn adorable. I have a bag in my closet half packed, ready for last minute things to throw in it. Josh has his bag pretty much packed and ready to go. We have our snack cooler pretty ready. The baby's bag is packed. It is getting really crazy actually thinking about loading the car for the hospital. OO we also have a basin and towels for the car packed. Josh said when I got up in the middle of the night last night to go to the bathroom I touched his foot and he thought I had said it was time to go to the hospital, but he was still sleeping/dreaming. He said his dreams were all crazy hospital dreams from then on out. I thought that was kind of funny.

How many bags is normal to take to the hospital? Does anybody know of anything that I might want with me that I wouldn't know to bring?

3 comments:

mandysandifer said...

Shana, I took WAY too much stuff to the hospital with me, but I don't remember how many bags. I just know it was a job toting all that home in addition to flowers, balloons, gifts, carseat, all the stuff the hospital gives, etc. But, I guess that is just being a mom...I wanted to be prepared with all my new baby stuff. Don't forget your ipod...I blasted Sovereign Grace during the hard contractions!

Meggan said...

The hospital will probably give you the remaining pack of diapers for your little one, so you may not need to bring too many extra. When I packed, I had one duffel bag for everything mine and baby's. I included some snacks for Jeramy and I after the delivery. I was super hungry after all that work. :-) A robe or conservative comfortable clothing is a must for all those who'll visit you in the hospital afterwards.

The Wades said...

I think you have pillows on your list....hard to tell from the blur, but it definitely makes a world of difference to have your own pillow from home when you're in the hospital bed for a couple of days! And I'm sure Josh would like one for the night too :) Also I was looking through some of our pics from in the hospital and we took some baby mittens so she didn't scratch her face, and we used those things like crazy cause her nails were LONG when she was born. I think you've got a pretty great list going though!

Post a Comment