Friday, July 17, 2009

Shana's Update: God's in Control!

Part of the preparation for welcoming our son into this world has been a spiritual journey. Now I have always held onto the sovereignty of God, well ever since Senior Seminar when I was forced to read "Chosen by God" - that is an entire other story for another blog post. As Josh and I fill our brains with everything we can get our hands on pertaining to child birth and the first months of babydom, we are still forced to our knees in that God is in control. I was reminded of that again this week. Many of you who know me well know how details and organization are all me, and how I like to be prepared for anything that comes my way in life.

I had my Group B Strep test again at the doctors office. Wasn't a huge deal, but if not treated while in labor can be severe for our son. This causes us to change our ideas of laboring at home as long as possible before we go to the hospital. So, like I said this puts us on our knees surrendering that God is in control and even if things don't seem to want to go according to our plan we need to be willing to surrender to it. I keep saying we, really it is I who needs to be in an attitude of surrender.

My midwife, Jesse, is awesome and I am super excited to give birth with her. Josh and I both have been super pleased with all the care and information she has been willing to provide for us in this process. We have no doubts that if something were to come up outside of our plan/control that she'll do her best to inform us of all the options and considerations. With that said, please Lord keep me in an attitude of surrender to a birth plan that falls outside of the one in my medical chart :) This is my prayer for the next few week, feel free to join me in it. I need all the help I can get. My #1 sin = CONTROL, yikes. Forgive me Lord and help me to grow through this.

P.S. I started to have some spontaneous contractions yesterday. :)

1 comments:

Jessica & Josh
Turley
said...

Hey Shana, its Jessica from SWI childcare
I have enjoyed reading your blog! I also tested positive for the Strep B and it is causing a change to our plans too. Will pray for you as the day gets closer

Post a Comment